Listen to this page . . .
I am a passionate, fun loving adventurer who enjoys sharing with other people. I have a strong foundation in my faith and it drives me to help people and be an encouragement to them. Meeting people, learning their stories, and hearing about their life and culture is the stuff I enjoy on the road. Sharing a great moment with a friend, no matter how goofy, that is the stuff that makes life interesting as a traveler.
I am a little sporadic and energetic and need to do something “amazing”. Sometimes I wish I could jump on the next plane and be off on the next adventure. And, some say I am a crazy happy guy who holds his head up through the best or worst of it.
“when life gives you lemons, make lemonade”
I have a purpose to be a Christ light to those around me (Matthew 5:14-16). So, I look for travel opportunities where I can volunteer in a meaningful way and hopefully change people’s lives. Mostly I have volunteered as an English teacher at different local schools. People have asked how I got involved in different schools. That is something I will have to share in a future post.
This blog was started as I planned to go on my first trip to another continent. Soon enough I was headed out the door and Ecuador was my destination. From packing to bus rides and plane tickets, I was off on the adventure of my life. It has changed my perspective about everything and how I view the global world.
Useless Facts About Me
- First, I love to stay up late; I mean, really late. Midnight to 1 AM is common, no matter where in the world I am. I think I am considered a night owl. whooo knows. (see what I did there. Yes, that is called a pun, and yes that was really lame).
- Busy is my middle name. When friends are involved I love doing a lot of different things; but with friends and not by myself. If you were to ask me, “hey you wanna go on a hike together” I would say “absolutely”. But I would never go by myself. I am what I like to call a “social bug”. Socially I was less than average (we are just going to leave that there) when I was a kid. So now my mature adult years (ok, maybe not that mature) are spent with great friends and meeting some of the coolest people on the planet, from all over the world. And I am excited to have so many friends from other countries who share the same faith I do.
- I love jokes, a lot, but clean ones; and I love laughing. Laughter is good medicine and keeps a person sane; normally. No matter where I go I always find a way to laugh at life. recently I laugh at speaking Spanish. Ok, I can’t really speak Spanish much, but I try. It is more like Spanglish. And, trust me, learning a new language can be really funny. Es muy divertido. See I can type Spanish just fine, it’s speaking Spanish that is the problem.
- I am a computer geek. Ya sure, I like video games and all, but I have a lot of fun with HTML code and website stuff. Yes, I love writing in HTML. Sometimes I will just write a page in notepad just because. Then I will delete it. Yup I am a little nerdy sometimes, but don’t judge. 😊
- I love singing! This is no exaggeration. I grew up singing with my family and we sang for years in my local home area. I still sing sometimes at church. I have found I can make kids smile with my singing, too. Let It Go, and the Moana Disney songs are a huge hit with the kids in every country.
Here is a general list of things I like to do: Photography, teach/tutor English as a second language, play soccer, meet people, see the world, sing songs, praise God, share my faith, sponsor and write letters of encouragement to children.
Am I religious? Yes. Do I love God? Absolutely. Do I trust in Him? Always. Have I given Him my heart? Of course.
“For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes on him will not parish, but have eternal life.” ~ John 3:16
“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” ~ Romans 3:23
“For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” ~ Romans 6:23
Christ said, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” ~ Matthew 11:28
Where do I hail from? The great, New England state of Maine. I call it home and for good reason. All of my family lives there and I will always be fond of it. I haven’t had the opportunity to live in other states but I have had a chance to see a bunch of them.
I love the USA and all it has to offer and I appreciate all the NGOs (Non-government Organizations). They make a great impact on the world around us. I am a huge supporter of Compassion International. If you want to learn more about them, I wrote a post about what they do, here.
My passion in life is to have compassion for people. This leads to my life goal. What is it?
This one is the easiest and most obvious question to answer: to help other people and show compassion toward them. Nothing gives me more enthusiasm and energy than seeing someone in need and helping them through it. Often, this includes working with disadvantaged youth. Some of them have seen the worst of life through poverty, slavery, exploitation, and other horrible circumstances. I know I can write and teach so I want to use my skills to show compassion on them as Christ would have of me. I am a huge advocate for helping people.
Poverty is huge and I am a huge Compassion International supporter. I sponsor and write to kids to help change their future and give them encouragement through writing them often and showing them the love of God and that they can do anything they put their mind to with God’s help.
My goal for this blog is to share who I am, encourage others, and support Compassion International in their ministry purpose. I hope you enjoy everything you read. Please leave great comments and I look forward to sharing what I have with you.